Give & Receive
Are you planning to apply for a Student Visa?
By donating to Foodbank, you get back 5 TIMES the value of your donation in discounts on your course! How? Follow these steps!
Choose a course
If you're not sure what you want to study yet, send us a message and we will help you find the best solution! If you already do, let us know so we can proceed to Step 2!
or contact us via email
Now that you know what to study, click the link below to donate online! Make sure that you donate through this link so we can track your donation and give you the discount!
Have you already donated? Speak to us to claim the discount in your course! See terms and conditions below.
We’ve experienced the struggles of being an international student, and are firm believers that we can only move forward and change things if we do it together.
That is why we decided to support Foodbank. This campaign has the goal of creating impact by helping other people and help each other at the same time.
We can prove that together, the Community of International Students is stronger than what other people may think. We are #inthistogether and will come out of this crisis stronger and better than before.
...ok sounds good, but why Foodbank?
Foodbank is Australia’s largest food relief organisation and provides 77 million meals a year (210,000 meals a day) to more than 2,600 charities around Australia, accounting for 79% of all food received by charities from food rescue organisations.
Foodbank has stepped up to help international students during the COVID pandemic and together with Study NSW, donated thousands of food hampers to the student community. By caring about each other, we can achieve more and it’s essential to support those who cared for others
I'm not renewing my visa, can I still help?
Definitely! If you can’t donate, please help us by sharing this message so that we can reach as many people as possible!
Also, if your visa is not ending yet but you would still like to donate, you can donate now and claim your discount anytime!
Terms and Conditions
- The discount that the student will be eligible to will vary according to the length of the course, and are as follows:
- If a student enrols in a course with a duration of 1 to 3 months, and donate to Foodbank through Open Borders’ campaign link, the student will be eligible to a maximum of $250 discount from their course.
- If a student enrols in a course with a duration of 4 to 6 months, and donate to Foodbank through Open Borders’ campaign link, the student will be eligible to a maximum of $500 discount from their course.
- If a student enrols in a course with a duration of 7 to 11 months, and donate to Foodbank through Open Borders’ campaign link, the student will be eligible to a maximum of $750 discount from their course.
- If a student enrols in a course with a duration of 12 months or more, and donate to Foodbank through Open Borders’ campaign link, the student will be eligible to a maximum of $1000 discount from their course.
- Students can donate any value from $20 to $200. Students who donate more than $200 will only receive up to $1,000 discount from their course.
- This promo is available to students who enrol after 1st October 2020.
- Only students who enrols in a course through Open Borders Pty Ltd will be eligible to receive the discount.
- The discount will be divided according to the number of instalments per year. For example, if the course has 4 instalments in one year, a student who is eligible for a AU$1,000 discount will receive AU$250 discount on every installment.
- The discount can only be applied against the student’s course tuition fee.
- The course is to be provided by one of Open Borders’ partner school. Contact us for more information.